[Slackbuilds-users] switching a SlackBuild to pip? (Python) Giving up interruptingcow, mpmath SlackBuilds

David Melik dchmelik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 04:43:39 UTC 2017

'How's hacking,' slackbuilds-users,

I maintain Mathics SlackBuild, which had update problems with
libraries, and the Mathics maintainers aren't always that informative,
so I just found a last October update works. However, it uses pip,
which downloads source code I already downloaded. If I update my
SlackBuild, how should I use pip?

I'm not sure Mathics SlackBuild is even needed anymore, as anyone can
download, read source code documentation for installation that says do
'pip install mathics'... but I'll maintain this for convenience, if
you think some wouldn't go to that extent or know that's possible or
how.

I give up interruptingcow, mpmath SlackBuilds (Mathics dependencies)
since pip installs those for Mathics.

If you want to maintain one of those, email me directly or just get
permission from SlackBuilds.org administrators and probably have
someone inform me. I'm on the slackbuilds-users list but only read the
Gmane newsgroup every so often, and I'm on freenode IRC ##slackware,
#slackbulids, #freeslack sometimes.

Sincerely,
David
http://davidchmelik.com/ (homesite, updated first, OFFLINE for maintenance)