[Slackbuilds-users] updating Mathics SlackBuild, giving up interruptingcow SlackBuild

David Melik dchmelik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 02:31:07 UTC 2017

>*Don't* use pip.  The upstream instructions say "The easiest way to install Mathics is with pip", but the existing setup.py recipe still works with mathics-1.0.

Okay.

>afaict your existing SlackBuild is easy to upgrade for mathics-1.0: just change the tar xvf (the download tarball is now named .tgz), and the patch isn't needed.

Yes, except for dependencies, for which it may need a new patch. Also,
the last version of python-django I used (from source, changing
SlackBuild version number) caused errors and it seems that SlackBuild
hasn't been updated since sometime in Slackware 14.1.

>>I give up interruptingcow, mpmath SlackBuilds (Mathics dependencies) since pip installs those for Mathics.
>
>You might want to reconsider that?

Okay, I'll keep mpmath. The other is no longer necessary for Mathics.