[Slackbuilds-users] Building ffmpeg-2.6.3: disabling Unicode/EastAsianWidth.pm

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 14 14:09:13 UTC 2017

   Trying to build ffmpeg-2.6.3 on a Slackware-14.1 host fails because it,
"Can't locate Unicode/EastAsianWidth.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Unicode::EastAsianWidth module) (@INC contains:
/usr/share/texi2html/lib/Unicode-EastAsianWidth/lib
/usr/share/texi2html/lib/libintl-perl/lib /usr/local/lib/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/usr/bin/texi2html line 31657."

   I have no need for this module (which I assume supports CJK alphabets) yet
do not see it mentioned on the SBo ffmpeg page or in the build script. Is
there a way for me to inform ffmpeg to ignore this perl module?

TIA,

Rich