[Slackbuilds-users] slackware14.2 / virtualbox-kernel 5.0.30 / slackbuild fails

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 20:44:37 UTC 2017

On 3/19/17, Nico <slack at lodpp.net> wrote:
> I'm running a 4.10.4 kernel ( based from slackware 4.4.38 config with
> the segment-routing capability enable - here is why I switch to 4.10 )
>
> I wanted to used vbox in order to test segment-routing, could be a good
> idea to mess up on a VM prior to mess with my workstation.
>
> If anyone can help :)

See if there's a newer (development?) version of virtualbox, or a patch
for the release. That's about all you can do.

Well, or find out where -Werror is being enabled (in either the kernel
source or vbox source) and get rid of it. But, warnings in kernel
modules are a lot scarier than warnings in userspace code, I don't really
recommend it.