[Slackbuilds-users] sbo, ponce?

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:24:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017, 3:56 PM Fernando Lopez <fernando.lopezjr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> thanks Didier will keep that it in mind.
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr> wrote:
>
> Le 30/03/2017 à 21:04, Fernando Lopez a écrit :
> > Yes, I am using sbopkg and I switch from 14.2 to current branch.
>
> Bear in mind that then you need to keep the main packages in sync
> with the Slackware Current Changelog, see:
> http://www.slackware.com/changelog/
>
> and that generally speaking SBo can't guarantee that the
> provided SlackBuilds will still work on -current.
>

> --

Long story short, _SBo is for the stable release and should work flawlessly
with the latest stable. _ponce is for the unofficial repo that Matteo
maintains of SBo for -current and there's no guarantees whatsoever (since
-current is a moving target). However, if you run into issues, there's a
thread on LQ to try and resolve those issues on -current.

Jeremy