[Slackbuilds-users] conky doesn't build LONGER

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:02:47 UTC 2017

>    Question: Not that Lua interests me more than much, but why
>    let it behind that much? Version 5.1.5 dates back to 2012,
>    while the series 5.3.x begins 2015 with regular releases, the
>    last in January of this year.

because newer lua versions cannot be used with much of the stuff we
have on SBo (that supports only lua-5.1.x): lua 5.3 introduced a
compatiblity mode but it doesn't actually work well.
the solution would be to:
- parallel install different lua versions;
- checking that the various things that need those find the right one
in each case.
...but this solution is really hard to implement, as the script being
involved are =~ 150 and they have to be all tested working to
implement it on the repository.
if someone feels like doing this work it would be highly appreciated.

Matteo