[Slackbuilds-users] webkit2gtk build problems

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 18 11:10:36 UTC 2017

On 18/09/17 18:51, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> On 09/18/2017 01:59 AM, Habs wrote:
>> Hello All
>>
>> I'm afraid, I need some help please to sort out what's going on with
>> the build for webkit2gtk (2.18.0) downloaded via SBo today onto
>> slackware 14.2 64bit full standard install.
>>
>> I have run the build on two different machines (AMD and Intel) and both
>> coming back with same error at same place. Previous version build fine.
>>

>> Do I need to rebuild the listed dependencies (actually on the Intel all
>> were built), or is it something else that you can spot for me please ?
>>
>> Not sure, but I wonder if I've missed previous posts about
>> this..perhaps not ...  my mind is a sieve.
>>
>> (build error attached below).
>>
>> Thank you for any ideas/help etc.
>>
>> Habs
>>
>> [ 76%] Building CXX object
>> Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.cpp.o
>> In file included
>> from /tmp/SBo/webkitgtk-2.18.0/Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.cpp:21:0: /tmp/SBo/webkitgtk-2.18.0/Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.h:23:40:
>> fatal error: WebCore/HysteresisActivity.h: No such file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>> Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/build.make:51125: recipe for
>> target
>> 'Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.cpp.o'
>> failed make[2]: ***
>> [Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.cpp.o]
>> Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1065: recipe for target
>> 'Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/all' failed make[1]: ***
>> [Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/all] Error 2 Makefile:149:
>> recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2 r
>
> Hi
>
> I think i made a mistake when testing this build. I *may have* ran it on
> a current VM rather than a stable VM, so i'm reverting it to 2.16.0 in
> my branch for now while i'm investigating it further.

2.18.0 builds fine here on stock 14.2.

An interesting aspect of the error above is the complaint about not
finding the file
/tmp/SBo/webkitgtk-2.18.0/Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/cairo/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.h,
whereas it is actually located (and found during compilation) at
/tmp/SBo/webkitgtk-2.18.0/Source/WebCore/platform/BackingStoreBackendCairoImpl.h
in my build log.

chris