[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: patch for cfitsio for some astronomy software

Dominik Drobek dominik.drobek at o2.pl
Sat Mar 3 00:42:09 UTC 2018

W dniu 03.03.2018 o 00:40, King Beowulf pisze:
> I wasn't aware that the patch also removes the bundled zlib. Since zlib
> (and bzip2) are part of Slackware, would there be any unintended
> consequences?
I have some doubts about that as well. I suppose that cfitsio authors
have a good reason to include zlib in their source tarball. Apart from
that, removing bundled zlib would violate the SlackBuilds.org
recommendation "No custom patches unless absolutely necessary".

> I'm still sorting out libindi and drivers compilation and
> so have not yet tested if anything works.
Could you test something for me, Ed?

In my cfitsio.SlackBuild ./configure has an option --with-bzip2. Could
you remove --with-bzip2, recompile cfitsio (without applying any
patches), reinstall, and then try to compile libindi once more? Will it
report any linking errors?

Regards,
Dominik