[Slackbuilds-users] pdftk on Slackware Current

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:11:03 UTC 2018

> Hi Konrad,
>
> Thanks for that. I have had the same setup ready for a while now, basically
> since Eric released his gcc-5 package. I have been reluctant to actually
> release it due to its reliance on a package that is neither available on
> slackbuilds.org nor officially part of slackware.
>
> I was in a way waiting to see if the gcc-legacy package here would start
> build gcj as part of it. but since sbo doesn't officially support -current,
> it was not at the top of my todo list to chase things up. Your email shows
> that there is demand so maybe I should start thinking about the best way to
> proceed.
>
> SBo admins, what is the policy about requiring a package not available on
> slackware or slackbuild?

for what concerns SBo you should wait until submission for the next
release are open, we support only the latest stable release.

that said, in the meantime I pushed Eric's gcc5 and Konrad patches to
the unofficial repository for current on my github (they will go in
the main branch at the next update): if you wish to patch pdftk
differently there just notice me.

http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/log/?h=gcc5
http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/commit/?h=pdftk

Matteo