[Slackbuilds-users] cmake too old issues

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:21:11 UTC 2020

On 5/25/20, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users
<slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> Can anyone point me towards a way to include a newer local version of
> cmake, just for the slackbuild, or if they have other suggestions,
> as I have not managed to get the build to work.

One thing you could do: include the source to your newer cmake as
a DOWNLOAD in the .info file. First thing your script does is
unpack and compile cmake, and install it to $TMP/$PRGNAM/cmake or
similar. Then export PATH=$TMP/$PRGNAM/cmake/bin (or wherever the
cmake binary ends up).

Pat's cmake slackbuild at
http://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-current/source/d/cmake/
might give you some hints on how to build it. You'll want
--prefix=$TMP/$PRGNAM/cmake and you might need --enable-static and
--disable-shared if they're supported. You *won't* need --qt-gui, should
probably say --no-qt-gui.