[Slackbuilds-users] cmake too old issues

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 22:35:09 UTC 2020

Thanks for the suggestion B.Watson, I'll give it a go. I'm cautious that
I don't pollute a "clean" system, but hopefully
that should work. If it does, I could always document it, so other
people with the same issue could use the
same method in their scripts.

I agree that the other method suggested would be problematic, especially
as it would be hard to add to
REQUIRES

I have patched other build packages that were forcing an cmake update,
but this one was proving too problematic.
I would like to wait for slackware 15 as well, but I don't want to wait
indefinitely. Hopefully Pat can sort out his
distribution model, and gets happy enough with current to do a release
soon. "when it's ready" :-)
Although I appreciate the stability of slackware release version, I
wouldn't want it to be so old that It won't run
current common software, or hardware, but (almost as an oxymoron) I
wouldn't want to move to "current", because
the base changes too much, and my  internet data allowance is restricted.
Hence I try to "do my bit" to keep software I use current on my
favourite distro.

Regards, Tim

---
https://www.avg.com