[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

David O'Shaughnessy lists at osh.id.au
Thu Feb 18 07:51:46 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, at 3:28 PM, B Watson wrote:
> On 2/17/21, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> >
> > The one that's been here since 2017 was modified in 2018 to include the
> > missing lines. I assumed that if the source tarballs were the same version
> > the build scripts would also be the same. That's been the case with other
> > packages but now we know, not with geoclue2.

Rich, I recommend using a tool to manage SBo builds and installs. Working off a random collection of scripts from however many years ago really is a recipe for all kinds of problems. sbotools is very easy to use and a simple:

sbocheck
sboinstall gnucash

would have sorted things out for you (with some user reading/input, of course). There is no special magic to it, so manual intervention is always possible if needed.

--
Dave