[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 18 13:40:33 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, B Watson wrote:

> *Please* try to avoid doing this. Before you send a mail to the list
> asking for help with a problem, make sure the problem hasn't already
> been fixed in the repo. We can't guess if you're using outdated stuff
> from 3 years ago, so we collectively wasted however many man-hours
> trying to help you with a non-problem.

In the 17 years I've run Slackware and SBo packages I've not before found a
package version with a different build script than the same version I have
here.

> SlackBuild scripts can and do change, in between version updates.

And now I've learned this.

> You might want to use git to track changes to the repo.

Every week after updates are posted I run sbopkg and update what's
installed. Now I'm installing removed packages which is not automated by
sbopkg.

I'm also now keeping all installed compressed tarballs. When those are
upgraded by sbopkg I'll update the local repo too.

Not knowing there was a potential problem by having an outdated build script
here for the same source version as on the SBo I couldn't avoid it.

Rich