[Slackbuilds-users] insync run fails

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Jul 15 12:14:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

Le 15/07/2021 à 13:26, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
 > I installed insync using sbopkg and it fails to run as a result of
 > insync/pythonlib3 being missing.  The man page was sparse in terms of
 > commands and options and what those do so that's why I ran insync --help
 > and discovered this error.  Next I'll try and build insync with the
 > SlackBuild script since I want to see if I can replicate this error with
 > that kind of build.  If I can't sbopkg for whatever reason for insync is
 > inappropriate as a build tool.  I did run sqg -p insync and got no sqf
 > file created since there was nothing to put into it.  I suppose for
 > completeness I ought to try installing with spi in order to have all
bases
 > covered.

spi won't help, Jude, as it's just a front-end to slapt-get and
slapt-src and sbopkg is not guilty either.

I installed insync using slapt-src on Slint. When starting it from a
terminal
the error message is:

Error loading Python lib '/usr/lib64/insync/libpython3.7m.so.1.0':
dlopen: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by
/usr/lib64/insync/libpython3.7m.so.1.0)

Indeed Slint64-2.2.1 ships glibc-2.23 (same package as in
Slackware64-14.2) so
I assume that the same issue occurs in Slackware.

If I am correct, there's nothing simple we can do to fix this issue, as the
repackaged Debian binary bundles a lot of stuff but not glibc.

Additionally in Slint we ship python3.9 and the python stuff in the
package are
for Python3.7 so this thing wouldn't probably work in Slint anyway (SBo
provides
Python 3.7 instead at time of writing but I chose to update to the major
version
shipped in -current, to avoid upgrading  all Python packages twice from
3.5 that
we shipped previously).

I send this email also to the maintainer of insync @ SBo.

Cheers,