[Slackbuilds-users] rtl8821ce: Reason for removal

Andrzej Telszewski andrzej at telszewski.com
Sun Mar 6 16:36:08 UTC 2022

>> I have a report from a user that some recent commit from the upstream repo builds fine on 15.0.
>> I'm not actively using this driver any more, so I cannot test it on real HW, but I surely can try building it.
>> Would you like me to try it out and report back?
>
> Please do.

I reverted _83c64a3e52_, then applied the attached patch.
The driver builds and it can be loaded into the kernel (tested in VM).
Because recently I received a ping from one of the *rtl8821ce* driver users, I assume it is still in use by someone.

Please incorporate the attached patch.
Please note that it is slightly different from what _B Watson_ did in his branch (thanks for testing :-)).

Thank you! :-)