[Slackbuilds-users] move cdw category

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 05:21:42 UTC 2022

On 3/16/22, Slackbuilds <sbo at linuxgalaxy.org> wrote:
> Admins,
>
> I should have thought of this (or remembered?) earlier, but IMHO the
> category for cdw should be multimedia instead of system
>
> system/cdw -> multimedia/cdw
>
> to be with the other CD/DVD authoring tools.

I agree in principle, all the CD/DVD creation tools should be in
the same category (not 100% sure whether that should be system or
multimedia)... but then we have a *lot* of builds that are in the
wrong category, or that really belong in two categories (not possible
of course).

For instance, applications that are in python/ because they happen to
be written in python. Or, python modules that should be in python/,
but are in libraries/ instead.

IMO, we should have finer-grained categories, like cd-authoring, or
text-editors, or emulators. But that's unlikely to happen any time
soon (would represent a lot of extra work for the admins, and we're
unpaid volunteers).

If cdw is your build, moving it would be no problem. Or, if you can
convince its maintainer, he can move it easily enough. Otherwise,
it'll have to stay where it is for now.