[Slackbuilds-users] Scripts up for grabs

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Sat Jul 8 11:01:04 UTC 2023

> Hi all,
>
> Markus Reichelt has announced that he has no time maintaining his
> scripts anymore, so scripts below are up for grabs:
>
> Botan
> Markdown
> Nevow
> Parsley
> aespipe
> characteristic
> darcsver
> dietlibc
> extundelete
> foolscap
> i2pd
> libowfat
> nyx
> onioncat
> openzfs
> pycryptopp
> pyutil
> service_identity
> shutilwhich
> ssss
> stem
> tahoe-lafs
> tcc
> txi2p
> txsocksx
> txtorcon
> vanguards
> webassets
> zbase32
> zfec
>

> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo

To be noted that some of those packages have been removed by last wekk's update,
for being obsolete, outdated, or replaced by a python3 version.
Those are : Nevow, Parsley, foolscap, service_identity, tahoe-lafs, txi2p,
txsocksx, and txtorcon.

I'm ok taking over tcc
Also I'll remove characteristic, which is the python2 version, now unneeded, and
replaced by python3-characteristic, it slipped through last weeks cleanup.
I think shutilwhich is pretty unneeded, being python2 only, and not required
anywhere.

Furthermore : zfec builds for python3, but it's requirements (pyutil, zbase32,
darcsver) all build for python2, meaning this cannot work properly.
Since none of them are required by anything else - zfec was a requirement of
tahoe-lafs, which wasn't working and has been removed - I suggest to simply
remove them.

Bottom line :
I'm ok taking over tcc, if nobody else wants it.
I'll simply remove characteristic, shutilwhich, zfec, pyutil, zbase32, darcsver.

Cheers,

 - Yth / Arnaud.