[Slackbuilds-users] tracking down SBo "dependencies"

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 29 16:55:35 UTC 2024

it is hard for optional dependencies. for hard deps, you can do an
advanced reverse dependency(full) search on slackbuilds.org

Personally I keep build lists for the things I use, including optional
deps, and build flags and other special build instructions.
It is more work, and when a package is updated one should recheck the
deps incase they have changed, but it helps, so I rebuild
all packages that directly depend on the updated one. Occasionally you
have to rebuild further up the dep tree, but it works
most of the time.
Regards, Tim