[Slackbuilds-users] IMPORTANT - Changes to app.info format

Deak, Ferenc ferenc.deak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 06:54:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 11:45 PM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> We've just (hopefully) finished up with some minor changes to the
> format of the app.info file - all script submitters should pay
> close attention to this mail.
>
> The AUTHOR field of the .info file has been changed to
> MAINTAINER instead - this more accurately reflects the way things
> tend to work.  This way, it's easier to keep track of who is
> responsible for maintaining a script without creating the
> impression that the maintainer also wrote the script (although
> that is often the case).
>
> The other important change to the .info file format is that all values
> should now be enclosed in double quotes - that is, like this:
>   PRGNAM="someapp"

If we are on changing the .info file format can we extend the DOWNLOAD link to
contain more than one source? I have one package (development/jasspa) which
needs it (unfortunatly the sources are split into two parts - and
these are not optinal).
In this case MD5SUM must be extended also.

DOWNLOAD="<link-1> <link-2> .. <link-n>"
MD5SUM="<sum-of-link-1> ... <sum-of-link-2>"

In the current scheme the second (and nth) download links (which are
_NOT_ optional)
must be placed to README, which is not as exact as a concrete line in
the .info file.

feco