[Slackbuilds-users] .info file for multiple source tarballs?

Halim Issa yallaone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 08:34:27 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 10:24:24 Niki Kovacs wrote:
> I'd like to submit a SlackBuild script for the ipw3945 wireless driver.
> This driver needs no less than three source tarballs from two different
> sites to build.

Hi Niki,

I submitted a slackbuild ofor the iwlwifi driver a while ago but see it's not
yet accepted. I recommend people to use the opensource iwlwifi driver over
the older (and soon depreciated) ipw3945 which also requires a binary daemon.

Since iwlwifi is included in the releasecandidate-series of kernel 2.6.24 and
as such will be generally available hopefully before Christmas, my
recommendation would be for Slackware users to use the mainstream kernel.org
solution provided by iwlwifi and mac80211

Cheers,
  -y1