[Slackbuilds-users] making a SlackBuild for golly

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 02:27:22 UTC 2012

I see that golly comes with 3 different sizes of ico files.  When ico files
are available and there aren't other suitable image files available then I
use the program 'convert', which is part of ImageMagick, and change the ico
files to a png.  You don't have too but I use png files a lot better then
ico files.

Here is how I would convert the appicon*.ico files to png files.

for i in 16 32 48; do
  convert appicon${i}.ico -resize ${i}x${i}! $PRGNAM-${i}.png
  install -D -m 0644 $PRGNAM-${i}.png \
    $PKG/usr/share/icons/hicolor/${i}x${i}/apps/$PRGNAM.png
done

Or, you could just use the appicon.xpm file and install it to
/usr/share/pixmaps/golly.xpm.

Both work for xfce.

--Larry