[Slackbuilds-users] murmur SlackBuild

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 06:54:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM, James Geboski <jgeboski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> No worries about the delay.  I personally, find it more useful to have
> them split into two packages.  Reason being, I do not have any of the
> X libraries on the servers I am running murmur on.  And on the client end,
> you really don't need murmur.  If anyone has any objections to this, please
> inform me.
>
> Also, I'd find it "cleaner" to have /var/{lib,log,run}/mumble-server
> renamed to /var/{lib,log,run}/murmur.  This way it matches the naming of
> rc.murmur and murmurd.  However, people would not really be able upgrade
> the package if this was implemented.  Would this be a forbidden to do in
> the SlackBuild?
>
> James

I agree on keeping the 2 as separate packages. I'm running murmur-1.2.3 on
a headless box, and mumble-1.2.3 on the GUI clients.  2 packages keep it
cleaner and simpler.

As for '/var/{lib,log,run}/murmur' I can accept the rename.  A simple
warning statement about doing a clean install in the readme should be
sufficient. After all, we all read the readmes, right?

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0