[Slackbuilds-users] TexLive2013 Install Issue: Different Host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 24 18:45:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, David Spencer wrote:

> Um, well, it's blocked within updmap just like the other one :-(

David,

   That's what I saw, too.

> The trick is in the PID and PPID columns. PID is the process ID, and
> PPID is the parent PID. Thus you can follow the tree of active
> processes. The obvious place to start is pid 5493 (installpkg), which
> is the parent of 5644 (a subshell in installpkg), which is the parent
> of 5645 (doinst.sh), which is the parent of 6568 (updmap).  6568 has
> no child processes, and it has 'n_tty_' in the (truncated) WCHAN (wait
> channel) field (the place in the kernel where the process is
> sleeping). So it's just like the previous problem :-(

   I saw that tree but did not know how to interpret the end of the chain
with updmap.

> Here are two alternative suggestions:

   I'll try #2 this afternoon.

> or (2) modify the SlackBuild's doinst.sh and rebuild the package. It's
> a wild guess, I haven't tried it, and it's not a general solution, but
> this might work for you:
>
> chroot . /usr/bin/mktexlsr 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
> chroot . sh -c "echo y | /usr/bin/updmap-sys --nohash --syncwithtrees"
> chroot . /usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --all 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
>
> Even if that doesn't work, it will at least give you some output to
> see what updmap-sys is actually doing.  (or not)

   I did not expect any issue building or installing the application because
the prior version was installed via a SlackBuild script and I removed that
package and all left-over files before working on the new version.

Thank you,

Rich