[Slackbuilds-users] active inform6 developers?

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:42:59 UTC 2016

Does anyone actually use games/inform to develop interactive fiction
games?

The reason I ask is, there's a newer version of inform 6 (6.33), but
it's not as nicely packaged as the 6.32.1 we have on SBo (it's missing
the manual, for one thing).

For my own use, 6.32.1 is just fine. But, is there anyone here that's
using inform and just dying to upgrade to 6.33? I don't want to force
anyone to stick with an old version if they really want the new one.

The build system has changed enough between 6.32.1 and 6.33 that it'll
be a pain in the butt to keep the SlackBuild script compatible with
both. But depending on the response I get to this message, I may end up
doing that anyway.

This query is specifically about the standalone inform 6. If
you code in inform 7, you've already got inform 6.33, but not its
documentation/manpages/etc. I'm wanting to hear from people who code
in inform 6, not inform 7 (for those who don't know, it's a completely
different language).