[Slackbuilds-users] Is building packages using fakeroot safe?

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:30:25 UTC 2016

On 30/10/16 15:52, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> David Spencer's (55020) slackrepo will automate building using overlay,
> ultimately keeping the build server completely clean (it starts with a
> clean install for every build project since it uses overlays and doesn't
> install the packages to the machine itself -- they're just installed to
> the overlay, so as soon as it's removed, you're back to a clean system)
> and setting up a slackpkg+ compatible repo.
>
> http://idlemoor.github.io/slackrepo/
>
> It might be something you'd be interested in.

Exactly what I was thinking of and maybe something of interest to SBo team:

Built ok:  wxPython-2.8.12.1-x86_64-2_sbo.txz
22:23:46
WARNING: libraries/wxPython: Files/directories were modified in the chroot
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libxml2.pyc

Built ok:  youtube-dl-gui-0.3.8-x86_64-1_sbo.txz
22:24:12
WARNING: network/youtube-dl-gui: Files/directories were modified in the
chroot
/root/.config

--
Best regards,