[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170701.1 youtube-dl

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sun Jul 2 12:45:31 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 14:25:16 +0200, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> But still, plain wget happily saves with the filename as in the last url
> path component.
>
> This all adds up to the confusion.
>
> Would telling maintainers to use wget with --content-disposition help
> solving the problem?

I don't know, but following the instructions from David to create
download URL for GitHub makes this a non-issue, see below.

> > It seems that the way GitHub handles download URLs still confuses
> > people, though I can't blame them, it really isn't obvious at first.
> > I'd recommend to read this really good explanation by David Spencer:
> > https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2017-February/018447.html
>
> That's really valuable reading.
> But I don't think it talks about the problem we have here.

It does in a way that it explains how to construct GitHub download URL
so that its last component would be the same as the filename in
Content-Disposition header.  That way it doesn't matter if HTTP user
agent (be it web browser or wget, curl, etc) uses the last component of
URL or Content-Disposition to name the file, it will be the same in all
cases.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas