[Slackbuilds-users] Proper installation directory for TCL files?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sat Mar 4 02:45:34 UTC 2017

Hi.

I am working through an existing Slackbuild script that has not seen an
update for about four years.  I am the upstream maintainer for the
library the build script is for so I am quite familiar with its build
procedure.  I have not yet contacted the listed maintainer about taking
over the package as of yet.

The library in question uses Swig to generate language bindings for
Perl, Python, TCL, and Lua.  So far I have the Perl and Python file
placements in the package matching other files on my Slackware64 14.2
build system and by advice found in the autotools-template.SlackBuild
file.

Right now the TCL files are being placed in /usr/lib[64]/tcl by the
library's build system, yet I find tcl8, tcl8.6, and tclx8.4 under
/usr/lib[64].  Which of these directories should the generated files be
placed into?  Also, there is a generated pkgIndex.tcl file that would
appear to conflict with any of the above full installation directories.

As noted, I am working on a freshly installed Slackware64 14.2 system
(VM, actually) that has been updated to the latest 14.2 packages.

Thanks!

- Nate