[Slackbuilds-users] Proper installation directory for TCL files?

Andreas Guldstrand andreas.guldstrand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 10:49:07 UTC 2017

On 4 March 2017 at 03:45, Nate Bargmann <n0nb at n0nb.us> wrote:
> Right now the TCL files are being placed in /usr/lib[64]/tcl by the
> library's build system, yet I find tcl8, tcl8.6, and tclx8.4 under
> /usr/lib[64].  Which of these directories should the generated files be
> placed into?  Also, there is a generated pkgIndex.tcl file that would
> appear to conflict with any of the above full installation directories.

Hi, while I don't exactly know things about TCL, the pkgIndex.tcl file
sounds similar to the perllocal.pod that is usually generated by perl
installation tools - that file is simply removed in the template for
perl slackbuilds, and I'd assume that would be the right thing to do
for this file as well. But as I said, I don't really know much about
TCL, so take my words with a couple grains of salt.

Regards / Andreas