[Slackbuilds-users] docker update

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sun Mar 19 17:26:45 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-03-12 at 19:46:54 +0200, Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:
> Hi, Asaf,
>
> About a month ago Vincent Batts, the current maintainer of Docker
> SlackBuild, wrote[0] in slackbuilds-users mailing list that he was
> giving away ownership of this build script to you, but you haven't
> followed to date.
>
> Are you still interested in taking over this script?  I'm asking because
> recently I had a need to work on a project using Docker at work and I've
> been working on my own update for the latest version of Docker (17.03.0
> at the time of writing).  If you're planning to submit the updated
> SlackBuild soon, it would save me (and many others) quite some effort.
>
> But if you're no longer interested, I'm willing to take over ownership
> of docker (if it's OK with Vincent), as well as runc and containerd (the
> dependencies of latest Docker versions), which you are the maintainer
> of.
>
> (Sending this to slackbuilds-users mailing list as well, because another
> person[1] have had difficulty contacting Asaf recently).
>
> [0] https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2017-January/018052.html
> [1] https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2017-March/018627.html

It's been a week and Asaf hasn't replied neither directly to me nor to
this list.  Meanwhile I updated the scripts for version 17.03.0 and have
been using them without any problems at work.

Question to the admins: should I wait longer or should I take over
ownership and submit updated SlackBuilds for runc, containerd and
docker?

--
Audrius Kažukauskas