[Slackbuilds-users] Is the pyparsing SlackBuild still needed?

Barry Grundy bgrundy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 15:44:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Kees Theunissen <C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The slackware package python-setuptools-22.0.5-x86_64-1 contains
>   /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/pyparsing.py
> and
>   /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/_vendor/pyparsing.pyc
>
> So I'm wondering if there is still a need for a separate pyparsing SBo
> SlackBuild?
>
> The pyparsing SlackBuild is currently required as a first level
> dependency by: spice packaging pydot matplotlib sqlpp11 snuggs puddletag
> flexget enki plaso targetcli-fb letsencrypt

I tested plaso without installing pyparsing.  It builds, but fails it's
utils/check_dependencies.  It will pass the dep check if I create a symlink
to pyparsing, but it is an older version (see below).

As the maintainer, I'd prefer to keep the pyparsing slackbuild separate
rather than trying to install a symlink to an older version.

root at slackbuilds:~/plaso/plaso-1.5.1/utils# ./check_dependencies.py
> Checking availability and versions of dependencies.
> [FAILURE] missing: pyparsing.
>
> root at slackbuilds:~# ln -s /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-pack
> ages/pkg_resources/_vendor/pyparsing.py /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-pack
> ages/pyparsing.py

root at slackbuilds:~/plaso/plaso-1.5.1/utils# ./check_dependencies.py
> Checking availability and versions of dependencies.
> [OK] pyparsing version: 2.0.6
>

> root at slackbuilds:~# sboinstall pyparsing

root at slackbuilds:~/plaso/plaso-1.5.1/utils# ./check_dependencies.py
> Checking availability and versions of dependencies.
> [OK] pyparsing version: 2.1.8

Thanks,
Barry