[Slackbuilds-users] Sage build fail

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 27 06:36:39 UTC 2017

On 27/03/17 13:53, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 27/03/17 12:52, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>>  I tried on yet another system, again 64-bit 14.2, this time with 6 GB RAM
>>> and 3 GB swap, running XFCE but nothing else, and I am getting the same
>>> result. I'll try again, this time without X running.
>>
>> Just to make sure to run a complete installation of Slackware{64}-14.2
>> with the latest patch is preferred.
>>
>> Notes:
>> my last build of sage was in March 9, so i haven't tried it again since then
>>

> I just built 7.5.1 (March 9 update) in a full x86_64 14.2 VM without any
> problems.
>
> However on installation, the running of sage (from doinst.sh) fails with
> "ERROR:  The Sage installation tree has moved" error - full message
> attached. The same message is  shown when running sage from the command
> line.

I made a new build which commented out running of sage from doinst.sh.

According to the /opt/sage/sage script, running it the first time runs
relocate-once.py and then deletes it. I wanted to look at
relocate-once.py before it was deleted so had to stop sage being run by
doinst.sh. The new build and installation went well - sage didn't run.
However relocate-once.py still wasn't in SAGE_ROOT as expected - I can't
find it in the sage package that was installed either.

In fact I couldn't see relocate-once.py in the source tarball either so
I presume it should be generated at build time. Since it's not in the
final package, I'm guessing that it hasn't been generated. That would
explain the error message about not being able to run after being relocated.

chris