[Slackbuilds-users] Issue building pgadmin3-1.22.1

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:30:01 UTC 2017

On 3/30/17, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>    The error message in a web search turned up no hits. I'd appreciate
> suggestions on fixing this so I can build pgadmin3.

Temporarily remove wxPython, wxGTK3, and any other wx* packages you have
installed. Then install wxPython (no need to rebuild it, if you have a
.tgz package still). Then build pgadmin3. Then, reinstall all the other
wx* packages you removed in step 1.

This isn't guaranteed to work (as in, I didn't test it), but the issues I
see in your emails look like they're caused by having multiple versions
of wx* installed at once.

This is the sort of thing that the "build everything in a clean VM"
approach won't catch. On the other hand, you yourself could take that
approach, and it would likely Just Work. Still, requiring users to build
stuff in specially prepared virtual machines isn't really what I'd call
user-friendly...