[Slackbuilds-users] [ANN]: sbo-dev-helper project

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:57:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some more suggestions... (hey, you asked for it :D )

Yup, really thanks for the patches and suggestions! ;D It's too late last
night so I sent the mail and then went to bad and have been sleeping till
noon.... ;(

> 1) config file
>
> Instead of entering mu name & e-mail every time (they don't change
> that much), save them in a file called /etc/sbo-dev-helver.cfg

Good idea. But instead of a system wide configuration, I prefer a per-user
configuration. Could ~/.sbo-dev-helver.cfg be ok?

> 2) template.info / slack-desc.template
>
> It was not very clear what should be in these files, but I think I
> managed to build them by reading the scripts.

When I wake up in the noon I realized that I didn't doc what these files
are... ;( I will add a description somewhere.

And for sbo admins, would you like to add a folder to contain all the
template files(slack-desc, info, SlackBuild) somewhere like
ftp://ftp.slackbuilds.org/templates ? Then it will be very convenient for
users to follow the changes. I remember I missed the info changes when 13.0
was out ;)

> 3) new_pkg
> - It warns when "approved" is not set, but AFAIK it shouldn't

Hmm, yes, this is a problem.

> - The md5sum check does not always work. Some download links simply do
> not end with the filename... :( So I guess this should be a warning,
> not an error

Hmm, yes, reasonable.

> - I think the solution to add files can be improved. I have several
> SlackBuilds with extra files (patches / README.Slackware / etc.). I
> suggest adding everything to the tarball, *except*: *.tar.?g* / *~ /
> <other_backup_files>

Hmm, my hobbit is untar the source in the working directory and have a look
at it and write/modify the SlackBuild etc. And the working dir maybe really
dirty -- have log files, swp files, and other files that shouldn't be in the
tarball. So I prefer the "white list" approach than the "black list"
approach. What do you think?

--
Cheers,
Grissiom